- It’s been said before, but these aren’t debates. They’re question-and-answer sessions.
- Two hours is way too long for a Q&A session.
- Two hours is way too long for anyone to be forced to watch Chris Matthews try to act like a professional reporter.
- Is Mitt short for Mittens, and if it is why the hell would anyone do that to their kid?
- Fred Thompson finally showed up, kind of like how we showed up late for both world wars. We also kicked ass, and maybe he will, too.
- Note to the McCain campaign staff: put fresh batteries in the man’s hearing aid before he appears in public or, if your budget won’t permit such an extravagance, pick up one of those antique ear-horns. That would at least be funny.
Aside from Ron Paul’s mild raving about Iraq, the most entertaining thing they had going was the Mitt ‘n’ Rudy Tax-cutting Spectacle, apparently moderated by Fred Thompson who was stuck standing between them. It went a little something like this:
Giuliomney: "I was cutting taxes while he wasn’t."If by chance you're wondering which one is which, it doesn't really matter: on this issue they're both pretty much interchangable.
Romniani: "I did too cut taxes."
Giuliomney: "Did not."
Romniani: "Did too!"
Giuliomney: "Mine were bigger.
Romniani: "Oh yeah? Well . . . mine were louder!"
That is all.